OCUL Information Resources Committee (OCUL IR)
OCUL-IR advances OCUL’s strategic plan by acting as a catalyst for information resources initiatives which generate ideas and implement both one-time projects and ongoing strategies.
- Support the development and management of information resources at the consortia and local institutional level. Activities include the following:
- Initiate, assess and select online information resources, which provide excellent financial value for members.
- Collaborate to share staff expertise and leverage collective resources in negotiating and licensing electronic resources.
- Analyze the impact and value of IR collections on faculty and students’ teaching and research.
- Collaborate with Scholars Portal staff to establish tools, best practices and policies to support the licensing, local loading, and use of electronic resources.
- Serve as an information forum to share, promote and act on:
- issues in digital publishing
- best practices for licensing electronic resources
- managing print and electronic collections at both the consortium and institutional levels
- incorporating electronic resources into an integrated virtual research environment
- Engage colleagues within OCUL, and with external partners and vendors, on issues relating to academic collections and scholarly communication.
- Provide a forum for discussion on broad collection-related issues in academic and scholarly publishing.
- Generate ideas for new initiatives for the consideration of the OCUL Planning and Assessment Committee.
One official member from each OCUL member institution, with no fixed term.
- Ian Robson, (Queen's University) - Chair
- Lisl Schoner-Saunders, (Algoma University)
- Ian Gibson, (Brock University)
- David Sharp, (Carleton University)
- Pam Jacobs, (University of Guelph)
- Louise Wuorinen, (Lakehead University)
- Alain Lamothe, (Laurentian University)
- Janice Adlington, (McMaster University)
- Rebecca Kasperavicius, (Nipissing University)
- Alex Homanchuk, (OCAD University)
- Monica Ward, (University of Ottawa)
- Lisa Bechard, (Royal Military College of Canada)
- Lei Jin, (Ryerson University)
- Marisa Scigliano, (Trent University)
- Weijing Yuan, (University of Toronto)
- Marcia Johnson, (University of Ontario Institute of Technology)
- David Gall, (University of Waterloo)
- Lauren R Byl, (University of Waterloo)
- Samuel Cassady, (Western University)
- Charlotte Innerd, (Wilfrid Laurier University)
- Cathy Maskell, (University of Windsor)
- Aaron Lupton, (York University)
Wayne Jones (Carleton University) - OCUL Chair
Brent Roe (Laurentian University) - OCUL Treasurer
John Barnett - OCUL Executive Director
Jacqueline Cato - OCUL Information Resources Coordinator
- Collections Subcommittee
- Collections Assessment & Evalutation Subcommittee
- Licensing & Local Load Subcommittee
- Strategic Planning Subcommittee
- Collections Subcommittee (pre 2016)
- Ebooks Subcommittee
- Eresources Payment Processes Subcommittee
- OCUL Usage Rights (OUR) Subcommittee
- Thunder Bay Agreement Subcommittee
In here you will find information about membership terms, the appointment process, subcommittees and task groups, reporting and decision making, communications, work plans and administrative and financial support for the committee.