Collection Assessment and Evaluation Subcommittee
The purpose of the OCUL-IR Collection Assessment and Evaluation Subcommittee is to foster a culture of collections assessment in OCUL-IR by providing operational support and guidance in the evaluation of e-resource renewals and potential deals. The subcommittee also provides expertise and collections assessment guidance and support to OCUL libraries, in addition to other related initiatives, to advance the objectives identified in the OCUL-IR strategic goals.
The subcommittee will:
- Provide operational support to the OCUL-IR Collections Subcommittee, to evaluate specific products
- Advise on tools or software to aid collection evaluation
- Enhance knowledge of resource evaluation/collection assessment within OCUL libraries
Where appropriate, liaise with other assessment groups within OCUL in order to share information about and collaborate in collections evaluation and assessment.
- 4-6 members from OCUL institutions with experience and interest in collection assessment
- Chair: OCUL-IR member
- Ex officio: Chair, OCUL-IR Collections Subcommittee ; Scholars Portal representative
Terms of membership are staggered with one and two year appointments to ensure continuity. Terms run from May to April.
- Samuel Cassady, Western University (Chair)
- Lisl Shoner-Saunders, Algoma University
- Andrea McLellan, McMaster University
- Agnieszka Szczotka, University of Ottawa
- James Watson, Trent University
- Jacqueline Cato, Western
- Information Resources Coordinator, OCUL
- Sabina Pagotto, Scholars Portal
Established 2016. Previously OCUL-IR Evaluation and Assessment Subcommittee