Collaborative Futures Shared Resources Subcommittee (CFSR)
The Collaborative Futures Shared Resources Subcommittee (CFSR) is charged with drafting shared resources policy for the Collaborative Futures (CF) shared library services platform. Policies are drafted to coordinate the work of all parties related to the acquisition, licensing, access, management, and sharing of resources (i.e., policies in the areas of Access Services/Fulfillment and Acquisitions as they relate to the effective and efficient management of CF shared resources).
- Creates policies and procedures related to the acquisition, licensing, access, management, and sharing of resources, for all participating Omni partners to follow.
- Works closely with Standing Committees, the Expert Advisory Network (EAN) and OCUL Communities where relevant.
- Provides advice on configuration options in the Network Zone and member Institution Zones that reflects the intent of approved policies, seeking guidance from Standing Committees, the Expert Advisory Network (EAN) and relevant OCUL Communities where relevant.
- Four to seven members (librarians and staff) with diverse expertise drawn from a broad range of OCUL member libraries.
- One member is appointed CFSR Chair by OCUL-CFSC and approved by the CF Directors.
- A co-chair may be appointed from subcommittee members, at the discretion of OCUL-CFSC and with approval of the CF Directors.
- Ex officio: OCUL Executive Director or designate.
Membership is for a two-year period with opportunity for renewal. The subcommittee uses a staggered approach for recruiting new members to provide continuity of expertise.
- Joanne Rumig (Carleton University) – Co-chair
- Linda Whidden (King’s University College at Western University) – Co-chair
- Ingrid Moisil (University of Ottawa)
- David McCord (Western University)
- Janice Adlington (McMaster University)
- Margaret Uhde (University of Waterloo)
- Michelle Goodridge (Wilfrid Laurier University)
- Sabina Pagotto (Scholars Portal) – ex officio
- Alex Fletcher (OCUL Omni Technology and Network Zone Specialist) – ex officio
CFSR established in 2019