Collaborative Futures Discovery and User Experience Subcommittee (CFDUX)
The Collaborative Futures Discovery and User Experience Subcommittee (CFDUX) creates policies and procedures related to public and staff interfaces, in particular, the Omni academic search tool, for all participating schools to follow.
- Develops recommendation for shared configuration, usability testing, user experience, and accessibility efforts for the Omni academic search tool.
- Provides advice on configuration options in the Network Zone and member Institution Zones that reflect the intent of approved policies.
- Seeks guidance from and works closely with Standing Committees, the Expert Advisory Network (EAN) and OCUL Communities where relevant.
- Four to seven members (librarians and staff) with diverse expertise drawn from a broad range of OCUL member libraries.
- One member is appointed CFDUX Chair by OCUL-CFSC and approved by the Collaborative Futures Directors.
- A co-chair may be appointed from subcommittee members, at the discretion of OCUL-CFSC and with approval of the Collaborative Futures Directors.
- Ex officio: OCUL Executive Director or designate.
Membership is for a two-year period with opportunity for renewal. The subcommittee uses a staggered approach for recruiting new members to provide continuity of expertise.
- Alie Visser (Western University) – Chair
- Annabelle Drobniak (Queen's University)
- David Kemper (McMaster University)
- Eva Lu (University of Waterloo)
- Colleen MacKinnon (Brock University)
- Carling Spinney (Queen's University)
- Mark Weiler (Wilfrid Laurier University)
- Anika Ervin-Ward (OCUL Assistant Director, Collaborative Initiatives) – ex officio
CFDUX established in 2019