Collaborative Futures Communications Subcommittee (CFCOMM)
The Collaborative Futures Communications Subcommittee (CFCOMM) establishes and supports ongoing communications planning and approaches for the Collaborative Futures (CF) initiative.
- Identifies potential policies and shared procedures related to communications for CF.
- Supports the continued development of communications materials related to CF and Omni, the academic search tool.
- Works collaboratively with all CF subcommittees, the Expert Advisory Network (EAN) and relevant OCUL Communities to enable information flows.
- Provides information for reports and communications for all participating CF members to follow, as needed.
- Reviews and makes recommendations for ways CF subcommittees, working groups and the EAN can share and archive information related to CF.
- Four to seven members (librarians and staff) with diverse expertise drawn from a broad range of OCUL member libraries.
- One member is appointed CFCOMM Chair by OCUL-CFSC and approved by the CF Directors.
- A co-chair may be appointed from subcommittee members, at the discretion of OCUL-CFSC and with approval of the CF Directors.
- Ex officio: OCUL Executive Director (or designate) and OCUL Administration and Communications Coordinator.
Membership is for a two-year period with opportunity for renewal. The subcommittee uses a staggered approach for recruiting new members to provide continuity of expertise.
- Kymberly Ash (Brock University) – Chair
- Anika Ervin-Ward (OCUL Assistant Director, Collaborative Initiatives) – ex officio
- Katrina Fortner (OCUL Administration and Communications Coordinator) – ex officio
CFCOMM established in 2019