1. To concern itself with the improvement and development of university library resources in Ontario.
2. To concern itself with the rationalization and coordination of library resources, particularly at the graduate and research level.
3. To assist the Council of Ontario Universities (COU) in its efforts to promote coordination and cooperation among the libraries of COU members by providing information and advice in these areas to university administrations and by responding to requests from COU for advice and assistance in library matters.
4. To provide a medium of communication among the library directors of COU members.
5. To cooperate and maintain liaison with other agencies and councils as appropriate.
The membership of the Council shall consist of the library directors of COU Institutional members and associate members (21).