OCUL Assessment Community
The Assessment Community serves as a forum for knowledge sharing and collaboration among OCUL institutions around assessment of collections, services and other library activities. The community facilitates the enhancement of assessment skills amongst staff, and contributed to a vibrant culture of assessment within OCUL.
The assessment community addresses any assessment issues relevant to academic libraries in Ontario. This community provides an opportunity for any OCUL member interested to discuss and address assessment issues including and beyond OCUL licensed resources. Where appropriate, the Assessment Community will liaise with the OCUL-IR Evaluation and Assessment Subcommittee and the OCUL Quality Assurance Community.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- User experience and usability studies
- Teaching and learning assessment
- Assessment of reference/research consultations
- Return on investment (ROI) studies
- Resource usage analysis via usage statistics, OpenURL statistics and EZ proxy logfiles
- Use of Scholars Portal tools such as SCOT and SPUD
Andrea McLellan, McMaster University (mclell [at] mcmaster.ca)
James Watson, Trent University (jameswatson [at] trentu.ca)
For more information or to participate in this community email ocul [at] ocul.on.ca.
Visit the Community wikispace (SPOTdocs login required)