New OCUL Information Technology Community
OCUL’s communities of interest continue to grow. Now numbering 12, the OCUL Communities provide a forum for staff at OCUL libraries to share ideas, challenges, and opportunities around a range topics. OCUL is happy to announce the formation of a new community, focused on information technology and library systems.
The OCUL Information Technology Community is open to staff from any OCUL library and aims to openly discuss challenges in Library Systems across Ontario’s Universities.
The community hopes to explore:
- Knowledge-sharing and approaches to coding, development related to web and mobile applications;
- Software selection and management of local software licenses along with open source software options;
- New and changing applicable Library technologies;
- Management of public work stations and IT devices (tablets);
- “Bring-your-own-device” support need trends associated with public clients and employees
- Cloud computing, storage initiatives;
- Trends associated with printing and scanning Library services and partnerships/overlap with various campus IT services.
To join the conversation contact Community Moderator, Cameron Metcalf, University of Ottawa (cmetcalf [at] uottawa.ca).
Learn more at: http://www.ocul.on.ca/node/4534