Report on Accessible Media (ROAM) now online
OCUL is pleased to announce the release of ROAM, the Report on Accessible Media, now available for download on the OCUL website.
ROAM is the result of a number of months research into the delivery of accessible media at Ontario universities. The study seeks to identify a range of service options available to Ontario’s university libraries to ensure fair and equitable access to video collections held at university libraries across the province. ROAM was produced by the Ontario Council of University Libraries with support from the Government of Ontario.
The report includes:
- an environmental scan including current practices, legal framework and future trends
- technology workflows and methodologies
- questions and some answers for libraries about accessible media provision
- options for libraries to provide accessible collections
- a directory of commercial and crowd-sourced services specializing in accessible media production
- best practices
- suggested resources
ROAM webinar series
In addition to the report, join us on February 5, 12 and 19 for a series of webinars introducing the report and discussing some of the key ideas and issues surrounding accessible media provision in Ontario's university libraries.
To find out more and register visit: http://www.ocul.on.ca/node/3417