Job Opportunity: OCUL Collaborative Futures Project Manager
OCUL Collaborative Futures Project Manager
This position is an opportunity for a one-year term contract position, with potential for renewal, with the Ontario Council of University Libraries.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until October 24th, 2014
The Ontario Council of University Libraries (OCUL) seeks a knowledgeable, energetic and confident individual to fill a critical role helping OCUL explore next-generation library resource management systems.
The Collaborative Futures Project advances the OCUL vision of the future of Ontario’s university libraries through an in-depth investigation into the opportunities of a shared next-generation library resource management system. A central knowledgebase enabling distributed workflows, paired with collaborative collection development and management, offer OCUL the potential of increased efficiency, reduced duplication of effort, and greater collective capacity to create and steward rich research collections (print, electronic, data, and digital) while improving discovery and access for scholars.
The ideal candidate will have a combination of experience with integrated library systems and electronic resource management; financial analysis skills; and exceptional communication skills.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the OCUL Collaborative Futures Project Manager will be responsible for the initial stages of what is envisioned as a multi-stage project. The project manager will work with member libraries and Scholars Portal (SP) staff to
- Articulate the OCUL vision and strategy for the collaborativemanagement of print and digital resources
- Conduct further analysis of total cost of ownership data
- Investigate and assess resource allocation and cost-share models
- Facilitate the investigation of next-generation library resource management systems and effective models for shared infrastructure and collaborative stewardship.
- Work with staff to ensure that members are provided with accurate information about the project on an on-going basis
A letter of application with a current curriculum vitae should be sent to: oculrecruit [at] cou.on.ca (quoting “OCUL CF Project Manager” in the subject line).